Fish eyes are round separations or indentions in the coating finish. They look like a crater with a rim around the perimeter and contain a small dot in the center. This is what gives it the name “fish eye”
Oil/Grease contaminants: This can cause the epoxy to work improperly and fish eyes to appear.
Silicone: Contamination from silicone can cause fish eyes to appear.
• Remove the coating by grinding or another suitable method.
• Clean substrate; remove all oil/grease contamination.
• Recoat the entire area.
• For isolated areas, sand with 60 grit sandpaper or diamond grind.
• For wide spread fish eye problem, remove the coating.
• Use solvent to remove contaminants from substrate.
• Recoat entire area.
Oil/Grease: De-grease the surface properly using appropriate product. If it cannot be entirely removed, use a suitable oil-stop primer.