• Beyond recoat window: coating was applied beyond the recommended time for recoating.
• Surface contaminants: Surface was contaminated by water, humidity, oil, dust or grease.
• Improper Mixing Methods: Coating was not mixed at proper ratio or for 3 minutes at minimum.
Beyond recoat window:
• Remove all loose or un-bonded coating.
• Surface needs to sanded, using a diamond grinder.
• Vacuum to remove all dust and debris.
• Wipe the floor with Denatured Alcohol. Follow all safety instructions.
• Re-apply epoxy coating following Product Data Sheet instructions.
• Make sure surface is clean and dry and free of any contaminants prior to coating. Vacuum or mop any water or dust.
• Oil and grease must be removed using a degreaser.
• Make sure the surface is dry before applying another coat.
• If surface coat has been on longer than 36 hours, you must diamond grind the floor dull.
• Remove any dust from surface by vacuum.
• Wipe surface with Denatured Alcohol. Follow all safety instructions.
• Re-apply epoxy following Product Data Sheet instructions.
• Remove any loose, peeling or uncured coating.
• Any uncured coating must be solvent wiped with Denatured Alcohol or Acetone per instructions.
• Diamond grind the coating.
• Vacuum the surface to remove dust and debris.
• Solvent wipe surface with Denatured Alcohol.
• Re-apply the epoxy following Product Data Sheet instructions.
Beyond Recoat Window: Each coat needs to be applied with 24 hours.
Surface contamination: Check substrate carefully before applying epoxy. Remove any contamination prior to coating.
Improper Mixing: Follow directions on labels and Product Data Sheet.