Immediately after coating your floor, do not walk on it before the recommended curing time. Any introduction of moisture can cause issues with the new coating, even as little as someone’s sweaty feet.
When having a luxury floor, there is always maintenance required to keep it looking new. The more wear to your floor, the sooner the steps below will need to be applied.
What will dull my floor?
- Stagnant water
- Improper cleaning solutions (bleach, Clorox, Pine-sol)
- Wear and tear
- Salt on tires
Note: Most dull floors are the result of a thin film left from cleaners. Wipe your cleaned floor with a fresh towel to remove the film.
What should I use to clean/refresh my floors?
- Performance Epoxy-Coat C-900 Floor Cleaner
- Blue Ivory soap and water
- Apply Performance Epoxy-Coat Acrylic Floor Sealer
- Apply a floor wax
- Apply another layer of Performance Epoxy-Coat Clear or Poly200
Note: When applying a new layer of epoxy or poly, the floor must be cleaned and sanded again to ensure the new coating bonds properly.
How do I know when my floor needs to be cleaned?
- When the luster of the floor is no longer to your satisfaction
- Salt rings are present
- There are scratches or marks from daily use
- You desire a thicker floor
If you have any questions, please contact Performance Certified Coatings Technical Support Staff at 800-841-5580